“Flat Fiasco: A Comedy of Errors and Burning Pants”
Welcome to the wild world of our Mount Eden basement flat; Where everyday life feels like a scene out of a comedy film . From faulty fire alarms to burning pants, our living situation is anything but ordinary. Join us as we recount the epic tale of two flatmates, affectionately nicknamed Dumb and Dumber, and their attempt to turn our humble abode into a fiery spectacle.
The Five A.M. Fire Alarm Fiasco:
Let’s begin with our dysfunctional fire alarms. For weeks leading up to the infamous incident, our alarms had a mind of their own. Imagine our surprise when they went off randomly at 2 a.m., 4 a.m., and 6 a.m.. In the end we decided to ditch the alarms, thinking, “Who needs fire safety anyway?” Little did we know a chaos that was about to unfold.
A Dumb Laundry Mishap:
Enter Dumb, who, due to the terrible weather in Auckland and the lack of a drying machine, resorted to hanging his clothes anywhere he could find space. Doors, cabinets, and of course, our hallway lights became impromptu clotheslines. It was on this fateful night that Dumber, in need of a late-night bathroom trip, unwittingly contributed to the impending disaster.
The Burning Pants and Hoodie:
At 3 a.m., Dumber sleepily stumbled out of bed, flipped on the lights in the hallway, and promptly returned to dreamland without a care in the world. Little did he know that the lights would become the catalyst for the chaos to come. As smoke filled the flat, Dumber hastily woke the rest of us up, yelling “Fire! Get out!” I stumbled blindly through the haze, only to find Dumb and Dumber standing there, watching their pants and hoodie burn with the intensity of a school camp bonfire.
The Rice Bowl Hero:
Amidst the chaos, I took matters into my own hands. Armed with a rice bowl and water, I swiftly doused the flames, saving the day from complete disaster. After airing out the smoke-filled house, I returned to bed, hoping that this would be the end of our misadventures.
The Melted Hallway Light:
Alas, the comedy of errors continued. When I awoke, I discovered that the hallway light had melted entirely. As it turns out, Dumber had turned on the light at 3 a.m., only to forget about it and go back to sleep. Dumb, in a state of panic upon seeing his flaming pants, attempted to extinguish them by throwing them at the wall, which unsurprisingly, did not work. In a last-ditch effort, he flung them onto the lawn, all while yelling “Fire, fire!”
The Great Debate and Public Verdict:
As the smoke cleared, a heated debate ensued among our circle of friends regarding who was at fault and who should foot the bill for the damaged light. Our ever-pretentious law student flatmate even attempted to set up a makeshift court, casting himself as judge. However, unable to reach a consensus, we decided to turn to the public for a final verdict.
You Be the Judge:
We invite you, dear readers, to weigh in on this comedic calamity. Who should be held liable for the damages? Should it be Dumb, who hung his flammable clothes on the hallway lights? Or perhaps Dumber, who carelessly left the lights on and failed to turn them off? Text your thoughts and cast your vote to 0212252262, and let the public decide.